September in St Albans and Harpenden has been sunny with ‘above average rainfall’
- Credit: Archant
Scientists in Harpenden have released weather information for September.
Experts at Rothamsted Research found that there has been more rain than is typical for this month, but it has been sunny and warm in spite of this.
A thunderstorm occurred during the afternoon of Friday, September 27.
Rainfall was 75.0mm, which is 17.37mm above average. We had 14 days with 0.2mm or more of rain and four with over 5mm. The most was 28.6mm on September 23. Most of the rain fell in the last eight days of September. There were 173.4 hours of sunshine, which is 30.02 hours above average.
There was only one day without some sunshine and the most recorded was 11.4 hours.
You may also want to watch:
The highest daytime temperature was 24.3ºC on the September 15 and the lowest night temperature was 4.9ºC on the September 18.
There were three ground frosts recorded.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 6 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 7 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 8 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 9 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire