June was wet and warm in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The month of June was warm, wet and sunny in the St Albans district.
According to Rothamsted Research weather centre in Harpenden, rainfall for the month was 87.4 mm, which is 34.14 mm above average.
The period had 18 days where there was 0.2 mm or more of rain, and on two of those days there was more than 5.0 mm rain.
The most rainfall fell on June 17 when 41.6 mm was collected.
Sunshine was above average with almost 200 hours which is 1.45 hours more than the average.
You may also want to watch:
The mean maximum and minimum temperatures were also both above average with 20.5ºC and 10.9 ºC respectively.
The hottest day reached 29.6ºC on the 25th of the month, and the coolest night dropped to 5.7ºC on the 9th.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
There were no ground or air frosts.