June was wet and warm in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The month of June was warm, wet and sunny in the St Albans district.
According to Rothamsted Research weather centre in Harpenden, rainfall for the month was 87.4 mm, which is 34.14 mm above average.
The period had 18 days where there was 0.2 mm or more of rain, and on two of those days there was more than 5.0 mm rain.
The most rainfall fell on June 17 when 41.6 mm was collected.
Sunshine was above average with almost 200 hours which is 1.45 hours more than the average.
The mean maximum and minimum temperatures were also both above average with 20.5ºC and 10.9 ºC respectively.
The hottest day reached 29.6ºC on the 25th of the month, and the coolest night dropped to 5.7ºC on the 9th.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 6 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
There were no ground or air frosts.