First Capital Connect issue snow disruption warning to passengers
- Credit: Archant
FIRST Capital Connect (FCC) has advised passengers to check before they travel tomorrow, Friday, when snow and icy weather is expected, and warned that disruption to train travel is “likely”.
A spokesman for FCC said: “We have prepared as much as possible for the forecasted snow across England tomorrow and we will be working closely with Network Rail [to see] if we need a response to any issues with the track, power supply or signalling.
“However, disruption is likely and we strongly advise customers to allow more time for their journeys and to check before they travel at www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk or www.nationalrail.co.uk.
“We can also help people through our Twitter account @FirstCC which is manned 24/7.”
To cope with snow and ice FCC’s plans include linking two trains together during service hours, so that if one fails the other can keep it moving; having extra control room staff to help manage any disruption and, at stations, having contractors spread de-icer and the staff clear snow as a priority.
You may also want to watch:
Contractors will also clear station car parks.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend