First Capital Connect issue snow disruption warning to passengers
- Credit: Archant
FIRST Capital Connect (FCC) has advised passengers to check before they travel tomorrow, Friday, when snow and icy weather is expected, and warned that disruption to train travel is “likely”.
A spokesman for FCC said: “We have prepared as much as possible for the forecasted snow across England tomorrow and we will be working closely with Network Rail [to see] if we need a response to any issues with the track, power supply or signalling.
“However, disruption is likely and we strongly advise customers to allow more time for their journeys and to check before they travel at www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk or www.nationalrail.co.uk.
“We can also help people through our Twitter account @FirstCC which is manned 24/7.”
To cope with snow and ice FCC’s plans include linking two trains together during service hours, so that if one fails the other can keep it moving; having extra control room staff to help manage any disruption and, at stations, having contractors spread de-icer and the staff clear snow as a priority.
Contractors will also clear station car parks.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school