First Capital Connect issue snow disruption warning to passengers
- Credit: Archant
FIRST Capital Connect (FCC) has advised passengers to check before they travel tomorrow, Friday, when snow and icy weather is expected, and warned that disruption to train travel is “likely”.
A spokesman for FCC said: “We have prepared as much as possible for the forecasted snow across England tomorrow and we will be working closely with Network Rail [to see] if we need a response to any issues with the track, power supply or signalling.
“However, disruption is likely and we strongly advise customers to allow more time for their journeys and to check before they travel at www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk or www.nationalrail.co.uk.
“We can also help people through our Twitter account @FirstCC which is manned 24/7.”
To cope with snow and ice FCC’s plans include linking two trains together during service hours, so that if one fails the other can keep it moving; having extra control room staff to help manage any disruption and, at stations, having contractors spread de-icer and the staff clear snow as a priority.
You may also want to watch:
Contractors will also clear station car parks.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans