Wealth specialist receives award from 'down-to-earth' Geldof
BOB Geldof has presented a top award to a local wealth management specialist at a ceremony at the O2 Arena. Martin Rashdi, from King Harry Lane, St Albans, was named as the top performing partner at St James s Place for the third consecutive year during t
BOB Geldof has presented a top award to a local wealth management specialist at a ceremony at the O2 Arena.
Martin Rashdi, from King Harry Lane, St Albans, was named as the top performing partner at St James's Place for the third consecutive year during the company's award ceremony in London. Last year, former US vice president Al Gore presented his award.
More than 2,000 saw the 39-year-old collect this year's accolade from musician and charity activist Sir Bob Geldof, who was the guest speaker at the event.
In his speech he praised the work of the St James's Place Foundation, which has raised about �15 million for charity in the last 16 years.
You may also want to watch:
Martin said of Bob Geldof: "I have met a number of people through this work and he was definitely the most down-to-earth."
The father of two also received an award for organising the company's annual triathlon, which has raised �1 million for children's charity Hope and Homes over five years.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 5 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 6 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
Martin runs his own practice in London called Clearwater Wealth Management and is a principal partner with St James's Place, which works in partnership with more than 1,350 advisers from external companies.