Wealth specialist receives award from 'down-to-earth' Geldof
BOB Geldof has presented a top award to a local wealth management specialist at a ceremony at the O2 Arena. Martin Rashdi, from King Harry Lane, St Albans, was named as the top performing partner at St James s Place for the third consecutive year during t
BOB Geldof has presented a top award to a local wealth management specialist at a ceremony at the O2 Arena.
Martin Rashdi, from King Harry Lane, St Albans, was named as the top performing partner at St James's Place for the third consecutive year during the company's award ceremony in London. Last year, former US vice president Al Gore presented his award.
More than 2,000 saw the 39-year-old collect this year's accolade from musician and charity activist Sir Bob Geldof, who was the guest speaker at the event.
In his speech he praised the work of the St James's Place Foundation, which has raised about �15 million for charity in the last 16 years.
Martin said of Bob Geldof: "I have met a number of people through this work and he was definitely the most down-to-earth."
The father of two also received an award for organising the company's annual triathlon, which has raised �1 million for children's charity Hope and Homes over five years.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 MP condemns government over BBC threat
- 10 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
Martin runs his own practice in London called Clearwater Wealth Management and is a principal partner with St James's Place, which works in partnership with more than 1,350 advisers from external companies.