Wealth specialist receives award from 'down-to-earth' Geldof
BOB Geldof has presented a top award to a local wealth management specialist at a ceremony at the O2 Arena. Martin Rashdi, from King Harry Lane, St Albans, was named as the top performing partner at St James s Place for the third consecutive year during t
BOB Geldof has presented a top award to a local wealth management specialist at a ceremony at the O2 Arena.
Martin Rashdi, from King Harry Lane, St Albans, was named as the top performing partner at St James's Place for the third consecutive year during the company's award ceremony in London. Last year, former US vice president Al Gore presented his award.
More than 2,000 saw the 39-year-old collect this year's accolade from musician and charity activist Sir Bob Geldof, who was the guest speaker at the event.
In his speech he praised the work of the St James's Place Foundation, which has raised about �15 million for charity in the last 16 years.
You may also want to watch:
Martin said of Bob Geldof: "I have met a number of people through this work and he was definitely the most down-to-earth."
The father of two also received an award for organising the company's annual triathlon, which has raised �1 million for children's charity Hope and Homes over five years.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
Martin runs his own practice in London called Clearwater Wealth Management and is a principal partner with St James's Place, which works in partnership with more than 1,350 advisers from external companies.