Watling View School holding Christmas stall
- Credit: Archant
Why not support a St Albans special school with their social enterprise?
Every Wednesday between now and Christmas, Watling View School will be selling Christmas gifts made by their students to raise money for its registered charity.
Baubles, decorations, bird boxes, scented candles and latte glasses are just some of the products that have been popular amongst customers looking to support a good cause.
Pupil Andre, 15, said he was “very proud” to be making money for the school and to see the items he had created being met with such warmth from passers-by.
Assistant head Mark Chalcroft said: “This is an amazing opportunity for our students to increase their community presence and participation through a work related learning activity. I am really proud of the way they are interacting with visitors to the stall.”
You may also want to watch:
Funds raised will be put towards the Watling View school fund.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development