Arrest made after alleged Radlett assault
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man from Bushey has been arrested following an assault in Radlett
An argument broke out at the Esso on Watling Street at around 8.45pm on Monday, August 27 between a man in his 40s, and a man with a black Mercedes.
The offender punched the man in his 40s in the face, which caused him to fall to the ground and become unconscious. The offender then got back in his car and left.
The victim suffered a serious head injury and had to be taken to hospital for further treatment.
The 27-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of GBH and released under investigation while enquiries continue. Officers are continuing to appeal for witnesses to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Andy Paveley said: “We have already spoken to a number of witnesses about what happened but we continue to appeal for further information.
“If you saw the incident and have not yet spoken to police, we would urge you to make contact with us as soon as possible. This was a nasty assault that has left the victim with serious injuries.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
“If you think you can help, please email me, report information online or call 101, quoting reference 41/31433/18.”