Arrest made after alleged Radlett assault
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man from Bushey has been arrested following an assault in Radlett
An argument broke out at the Esso on Watling Street at around 8.45pm on Monday, August 27 between a man in his 40s, and a man with a black Mercedes.
The offender punched the man in his 40s in the face, which caused him to fall to the ground and become unconscious. The offender then got back in his car and left.
The victim suffered a serious head injury and had to be taken to hospital for further treatment.
The 27-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of GBH and released under investigation while enquiries continue. Officers are continuing to appeal for witnesses to the incident.
Det Con Andy Paveley said: “We have already spoken to a number of witnesses about what happened but we continue to appeal for further information.
“If you saw the incident and have not yet spoken to police, we would urge you to make contact with us as soon as possible. This was a nasty assault that has left the victim with serious injuries.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 7 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
“If you think you can help, please email me, report information online or call 101, quoting reference 41/31433/18.”