Water fantastic fundraising effort by St Albans pupils!
- Credit: Archant
Six-year-old entrepreneur, Jacob Finer, has been concentrating his young business brain on raising money for Water Aid.
The Prae Wood JMI pupil, who lives in St Albans, launchied his social enterprise at Waitrose in St Albans with his school mate Alex Zappone, seven.
They swapped lollies and football cards for donations to Water Aid - and with Gift Aid they raised a total of £100.
Jacob packaged up his swapsie Match Attax and sold them for 55p for 10 or £1 for 20.
He also went to Costco with his grandmother to buy a big tub of lollies which he sold for a minimum 10p donation.
You may also want to watch:
Mum Nadia, a business coach who believes it is never too early to become an entrepreneur, said: “Jacob is keen to help people who don’t have clean water - having seen the charity ads on TV. He also knows we get a lot of water here.”
Waitrose donated £20 to swell Jacob’s fund up to £100.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?