St Albans charity pancake races are flippin’ good fun
- Credit: Archant
It was flippin’ fun and crepes galore for the eighth annual St Albans charity pancake races this Strove Tuesday.
Teams from businesses across the district congregated in the city centre for an February afternoon of charity competition, either in the walking or running heats.
PrivateFly took home gold in the sprinting round, fending off 19 other teams for the title, and Manpower came out top against 11 other teams in the walking contest.
Volunteers with buckets collected money for Home-Start Hertfordshire - a family support charity
It was run in conjunction with The Hertfordshire Business Independent. Home-Start strategic operations manager Suzy Moody said: “Considering the weather wasn’t that great, it is quite chilly, we have had a fantastic turnout.”
You may also want to watch:
Adding: “The money is all going to Home-Start Hertfordshire, it’s going to help us support more families who are struggling, to really make a difference and help parents be the best they can be and improve their children’s outcomes.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book