Washing machine fire in Colney Heath

A WASHING machine sparked a blaze in the kitchen of a flat on Friday night. Firefighters from St Albans rushed to the scene in Cutmore, Colney Heath, just before 8pm and quickly put out the blaze in the first-floor flat. The kitchen sustained 10 per cent

A WASHING machine sparked a blaze in the kitchen of a flat on Friday night.

Firefighters from St Albans rushed to the scene in Cutmore, Colney Heath, just before 8pm and quickly put out the blaze in the first-floor flat.

The kitchen sustained 10 per cent damage in the fire and the remainder of the property was heavily smoke logged so the firefighters used a ventilator to clear the air.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter