Warning to Drivers About M1 Closures
DRIVERS heading to Luton Airport over the weekend and into next week are being advised to allow extra journey time due to closures on the M1. A full closure will be in place in both directions of the motorway between junctions 10 and 10a from 8pm on Frida
DRIVERS heading to Luton Airport over the weekend and into next week are being advised to allow extra journey time due to closures on the M1.
A full closure will be in place in both directions of the motorway between junctions 10 and 10a from 8pm on Friday night until 6am on Saturday.
On Saturday night the southbound lane heading away from the airport, between Junctions 10a and 10, will close between 8pm and 8am on Sunday.
At 8pm on Sunday night, the motorway will be down to one lane heading northbound on the same stretch until 5am, and then again between the same times on Monday night into Tuesday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions will be in place but the closures, which are for major maintenance works, are likely to cause long delays for motorists.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital