Warning over potholes hazard in St Albans and Harpenden car parks
CAR park potholes in the St Albans district are posing a danger to motorists, a concerned district councillor has claimed. Councillor for the Harpenden West ward Julian Daly attacked the district council at the recent full council meeting for the apparen
CAR park potholes in the St Albans district are posing a danger to motorists, a concerned district councillor has claimed.
Councillor for the Harpenden West ward Julian Daly attacked the district council at the recent full council meeting for the apparently poor condition of many of the district's car parks.
Tory group leader Cllr Daly, who was supported by Cllr Beric Read at the meeting, highlighted car parks such as Amenbury Lane in Harpenden, Bricket Road in St Albans and the Quadrant in St Albans.
Cllr Daly, who said that the Amenbury Lane potholes were by far the worst, called on Cabinet to provide sufficient resources to undertake "swift repairs" to those car parks concerned.
You may also want to watch:
He said that his proposal received unanimous support and added: "I reported the problem because it is about time someone did something about the state of the district's car parks. They pose a real danger for motorists and I think the council should sort the potholes out as soon as possible."
But the council's portfolio holder for community engagement and support Cllr Anthony Rowlands said that aside from Amenbury Lane, the district council's car parks remained relatively pothole free.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 8 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
He added: "I inspected nearly all of our paying car parks last week and found an average of less than one pothole per car park. It's a pity the same could not be said of our roads! The only exception is Amenbury Lane and our contractors, NCP, will be carrying out repairs there in mid-April.