Warning After Chip Pan Blaze

PUBLISHED: 11:16 11 September 2009 | UPDATED: 14:24 06 May 2010

FIREFIGHTERS have sent out a warning to the public about putting out chip pan fires following an incident last night (Thursday). Crews from St Albans fire station were called to Grosvenor Road at around 8.30pm after a man threw water over a fire which had

FIREFIGHTERS have sent out a warning to the public about putting out chip pan fires following an incident last night (Thursday).

Crews from St Albans fire station were called to Grosvenor Road at around 8.30pm after a man threw water over a fire which had broken out in a chip pan.

This caused the flames to spread to the kitchen units and lick the walls and ceiling.

Firefighters put out the blaze and demonstrated how to put out a chip pan fire safely. They also fitted the property with a smoke alarm.

Watch commander Paul Farrow said the man was lucky to escape serious injury and emphasised the importance of not throwing water over hot oil.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser