Wanted man jailed after being spotted in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A man who police wanted to speak to in connection with a number of incidents in St Albans, Potters Bar and Hitchin has been jailed.
A thief who was wanted by police has been jailed today – less than a week after the Herts Advertiser published an appeal to find him.
Daniel Taylor was sentenced to six months in prison after pleading guilty to two counts of theft at Hatfield Remand Court, with 14 other crimes taken into consideration.
He was also prosecuted for failing to appear at Hertford Magistrates’ Court in August after being charged with theft.
An appeal from Herts police to track down the 35-year-old was released on November 13 after a spate of thefts across the county – including two incidents at the BP garage’s M&S store in Stevenage Road, Hitchin, on November 6 and 11.
You may also want to watch:
Taylor, of no fixed address, was subsequently arrested after being spotted by a member of the public in St Albans.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines