Wanted man jailed after being spotted in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A man who police wanted to speak to in connection with a number of incidents in St Albans, Potters Bar and Hitchin has been jailed.
A thief who was wanted by police has been jailed today – less than a week after the Herts Advertiser published an appeal to find him.
Daniel Taylor was sentenced to six months in prison after pleading guilty to two counts of theft at Hatfield Remand Court, with 14 other crimes taken into consideration.
He was also prosecuted for failing to appear at Hertford Magistrates’ Court in August after being charged with theft.
An appeal from Herts police to track down the 35-year-old was released on November 13 after a spate of thefts across the county – including two incidents at the BP garage’s M&S store in Stevenage Road, Hitchin, on November 6 and 11.
You may also want to watch:
Taylor, of no fixed address, was subsequently arrested after being spotted by a member of the public in St Albans.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years