Walking football taster sessions to kick off at Westminster Lodge in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Looking to score in football is set to become easier with the introduction of new slower-paced version of the beautiful game in St Albans.
Walking football is now available at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre and a free taster session will be held next Wednesday, January 27.
It is particularly suited to those aiming their kick-start their love of the game after injury or other factors.
Supported by the Football Association’s ‘Just Play’ programme, the indoor initiative has been set up to get more people playing in a friendly and social environment.
Navin Seneviratne, sport development manager for Everyone Active which runs Westminster Lodge, explained: “We are delighted to be offering the local population the chance to take part in a new and exciting activity, which is growing in popularity nationally.
You may also want to watch:
“The sessions will include skills development and instruction tailored to each individual’s ability and will help to build confidence in a friendly environment.”
The walking football classes will be held from midday to 1pm every Wednesday during school term time.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 4 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 7 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
To book, call Westminster Lodge on 01727 736080. For more information, email NavinS@everyoneactive.com or visit www.everyoneactive.com