Walking football taster sessions to kick off at Westminster Lodge in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Looking to score in football is set to become easier with the introduction of new slower-paced version of the beautiful game in St Albans.
Walking football is now available at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre and a free taster session will be held next Wednesday, January 27.
It is particularly suited to those aiming their kick-start their love of the game after injury or other factors.
Supported by the Football Association’s ‘Just Play’ programme, the indoor initiative has been set up to get more people playing in a friendly and social environment.
Navin Seneviratne, sport development manager for Everyone Active which runs Westminster Lodge, explained: “We are delighted to be offering the local population the chance to take part in a new and exciting activity, which is growing in popularity nationally.
“The sessions will include skills development and instruction tailored to each individual’s ability and will help to build confidence in a friendly environment.”
The walking football classes will be held from midday to 1pm every Wednesday during school term time.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 10 MP condemns government over BBC threat
To book, call Westminster Lodge on 01727 736080. For more information, email NavinS@everyoneactive.com or visit www.everyoneactive.com