Walking football taster sessions to kick off at Westminster Lodge in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Looking to score in football is set to become easier with the introduction of new slower-paced version of the beautiful game in St Albans.
Walking football is now available at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre and a free taster session will be held next Wednesday, January 27.
It is particularly suited to those aiming their kick-start their love of the game after injury or other factors.
Supported by the Football Association’s ‘Just Play’ programme, the indoor initiative has been set up to get more people playing in a friendly and social environment.
Navin Seneviratne, sport development manager for Everyone Active which runs Westminster Lodge, explained: “We are delighted to be offering the local population the chance to take part in a new and exciting activity, which is growing in popularity nationally.
“The sessions will include skills development and instruction tailored to each individual’s ability and will help to build confidence in a friendly environment.”
The walking football classes will be held from midday to 1pm every Wednesday during school term time.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 7 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 8 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
- 9 Hospices announce plans to join forces
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
To book, call Westminster Lodge on 01727 736080. For more information, email NavinS@everyoneactive.com or visit www.everyoneactive.com