Walkers getting ready for the Grove House Midnight Walk
WITH just weeks to go the Grove House Midnight Walk the hospice is appealing to everyone who can to sign up as soon as possible to take part in this fun event.
More entries are needed to ensure that as much money as possible is raised for the St Albans day hospice.
Open to men, women and children, it’s an evening the whole family can enjoy; there is a choice of two routes, an earlier start time and some wonderful prizes.
Taking place on Saturday, June 25, at Westminster Lodge, the walk will be started at 10.30pm by Janey Lee Grace from Radio 2’s Steve Wright in the Afternoon show and author of Imperfectly Natural.
Walkers will have the choice of the traditional 10-mile route or a shorter five-mile route with the 10-mile route stopping at the fire station. Every entrant will receive a gift from Rachel Jeffrey Jewellery plus a flower from Fuchsia Pink along with a goody bag.
The Midnight Walk is open to anyone over the age of 10 – including men. This year male grooming salon Boyz to Men in Marshalswick has donated �50-worth of vouchers for the best dressed man taking part in the Grove House Midnight Walk. Mark, the owner of the salon, will be judging the competition to find the best dressed man on the night!
As well as being great fun the Midnight Walk is about a very serious cause. Walkers are being encourage to raise sponsorship with some amazing prizes including a pair of tickets to see Take That in concert, a pamper evening, dinner for two at Darcy’s plus many more great prizes.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 7 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 9 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
All the money raised from the event go to Grove House Hospice (part of Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care) to fund their services supporting people with cancer and other life threatening illnesses.
Sign up to register now at www.midnightwalk.org or call 01727 731002.