Voting opens for St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Festival awards
- Credit: Archant
Voting opens soon for the St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Festival awards – with residents having served up more than 400 nominations.
Eleven coveted titles – including best restaurant and best pub - are up for grabs in the annual contest.
Online voting will start on Wednesday July 13 and continue for seven weeks until Wednesday August 31.
The top three in each category will then go through to the final stage of the competition when they will be judged by the festival steering group.
The steering group, including a range of food and drink experts, will carry out surprise visits and tastings before deciding the winners.
You may also want to watch:
Their results will be announced at a glittering Festival Awards Dinner to be held at Sopwell House Hotel on Monday October 3.
The nominations were made by the public in April and May and every business or individual that was correctly nominated has been entered for the vote.
For details on how to vote and for further information about the festival, click here.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game