Voting opens for St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Festival awards
- Credit: Archant
Voting opens soon for the St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Festival awards – with residents having served up more than 400 nominations.
Eleven coveted titles – including best restaurant and best pub - are up for grabs in the annual contest.
Online voting will start on Wednesday July 13 and continue for seven weeks until Wednesday August 31.
The top three in each category will then go through to the final stage of the competition when they will be judged by the festival steering group.
The steering group, including a range of food and drink experts, will carry out surprise visits and tastings before deciding the winners.
You may also want to watch:
Their results will be announced at a glittering Festival Awards Dinner to be held at Sopwell House Hotel on Monday October 3.
The nominations were made by the public in April and May and every business or individual that was correctly nominated has been entered for the vote.
For details on how to vote and for further information about the festival, click here.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall