Voting begins in the St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Awards
- Credit: Archant
It’s time to vote for your favourites in the St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Awards 2015.
Your vote will help decide the winners of these prestigious annual awards which celebrate local food establishments and producers. Voting goes live at 10am on Friday and the deadline for voting is midnight on Sunday August 16.
The public vote will be used to create a top three in each category which will be revealed at the end of August.
The winner for each category will then be selected by the independent steering group. There is also a special Food and Drink Champion award. The winner will be selected by the steering group as the most successful overall.
The winners will be announced at the Food and Drink Awards’ Dinner at Sopwell House on Monday October 5 during St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Festival 2015.
You may also want to watch:
The awards are organised by St Albans City and District Council with the support of an independent steering group of advisors.
Cllr Beric Read, Portfolio Holder for Community Engagement and Localism for St Albans City and District Council, said: “These awards provide a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the people and businesses that make our City and District a great food and drink destination for visitors. I encourage everyone to vote.”
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
The categories are:
• Best Bar
• Best Independent Food/Drink Shop
• Best Café
• Best Newcomer
• Best Local Producer
• Best Local Restaurant
• Best Pub
• Best Takeaway
• Most Family Friendly Venue
• Kate D’Arcy Award for customer service.
Cast your vote here.