Voting begins in the St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Awards
- Credit: Archant
It’s time to vote for your favourites in the St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Awards 2015.
Your vote will help decide the winners of these prestigious annual awards which celebrate local food establishments and producers. Voting goes live at 10am on Friday and the deadline for voting is midnight on Sunday August 16.
The public vote will be used to create a top three in each category which will be revealed at the end of August.
The winner for each category will then be selected by the independent steering group. There is also a special Food and Drink Champion award. The winner will be selected by the steering group as the most successful overall.
The winners will be announced at the Food and Drink Awards’ Dinner at Sopwell House on Monday October 5 during St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Festival 2015.
You may also want to watch:
The awards are organised by St Albans City and District Council with the support of an independent steering group of advisors.
Cllr Beric Read, Portfolio Holder for Community Engagement and Localism for St Albans City and District Council, said: “These awards provide a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the people and businesses that make our City and District a great food and drink destination for visitors. I encourage everyone to vote.”
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 5 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 9 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 10 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
The categories are:
• Best Bar
• Best Independent Food/Drink Shop
• Best Café
• Best Newcomer
• Best Local Producer
• Best Local Restaurant
• Best Pub
• Best Takeaway
• Most Family Friendly Venue
• Kate D’Arcy Award for customer service.
Cast your vote here.