Volunteers offered free access to St Albans leisure centres
Volunteers around St Albans can now get free access to leisure facilities as part of a new scheme.
Charities Tempo and Shaw Trust are launching a Time Credit scheme at Everyone Active sites around the district, including Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre and Redbourn Leisure Centre.
Every hour contributed to the community is worth one Time Credit, which can be traded in for free access to the participating gyms and pools.
Community service includes litter picking, helping at youth clubs, or working at peer support groups.
Everyone Active general manager, Lesley Garner, said: “We hope that it will encourage the community to get involved in local projects, then enabling them to try out new physical activities they may never have had access to before.
“We look forward to seeing how much good we can all do for the community.”
Everyone Active is partnered with St Albans district council. More information is at www.timecredits.com
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt