Volunteers offered free access to St Albans leisure centres
Volunteers around St Albans can now get free access to leisure facilities as part of a new scheme.
Charities Tempo and Shaw Trust are launching a Time Credit scheme at Everyone Active sites around the district, including Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre and Redbourn Leisure Centre.
Every hour contributed to the community is worth one Time Credit, which can be traded in for free access to the participating gyms and pools.
Community service includes litter picking, helping at youth clubs, or working at peer support groups.
Everyone Active general manager, Lesley Garner, said: “We hope that it will encourage the community to get involved in local projects, then enabling them to try out new physical activities they may never have had access to before.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to seeing how much good we can all do for the community.”
Everyone Active is partnered with St Albans district council. More information is at www.timecredits.com
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 10 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities