Voice of Football Motty settles for a draw
A DRAW was a certainty when the BBC s voice of football, John Motson, pulled out the winning ticket in a special hospice lottery last week. John, who lives in the district, was guest of honour at The Hospice Lottery s annual Superdraw which was held at Gr
A DRAW was a certainty when the BBC's voice of football, John Motson, pulled out the winning ticket in a special hospice lottery last week.
John, who lives in the district, was guest of honour at The Hospice Lottery's annual Superdraw which was held at Grove House in St Albans.
The winner from Aylesbury was a supporter of the Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity in the Bucks town - another hospice in the lottery partnership which has a total of seven partners.
Further prize-winners were subsequently drawn by the Mayor of St Albans, Cllr Bert Pawle.
The Hospice Lottery provides a secure and predictable income to each of the partner hospices which include Grove House, Iain Rennie Hospice at Home and the Hospice of St Francis in Berkhamsted.
The 2008 Superdraw, which takes place annually, has raised a grand total of £84,000 this year. In addition there are prizes of between £10 and £1,000 to be won every week.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 10 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
Further details can be obtained from the lottery office on 01442 891459 or go to www.hospicelottery.org.uk