Voice of Football Motty settles for a draw
A DRAW was a certainty when the BBC s voice of football, John Motson, pulled out the winning ticket in a special hospice lottery last week. John, who lives in the district, was guest of honour at The Hospice Lottery s annual Superdraw which was held at Gr
A DRAW was a certainty when the BBC's voice of football, John Motson, pulled out the winning ticket in a special hospice lottery last week.
John, who lives in the district, was guest of honour at The Hospice Lottery's annual Superdraw which was held at Grove House in St Albans.
The winner from Aylesbury was a supporter of the Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity in the Bucks town - another hospice in the lottery partnership which has a total of seven partners.
Further prize-winners were subsequently drawn by the Mayor of St Albans, Cllr Bert Pawle.
You may also want to watch:
The Hospice Lottery provides a secure and predictable income to each of the partner hospices which include Grove House, Iain Rennie Hospice at Home and the Hospice of St Francis in Berkhamsted.
The 2008 Superdraw, which takes place annually, has raised a grand total of £84,000 this year. In addition there are prizes of between £10 and £1,000 to be won every week.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
Further details can be obtained from the lottery office on 01442 891459 or go to www.hospicelottery.org.uk