Voice of Football Motty settles for a draw
A DRAW was a certainty when the BBC s voice of football, John Motson, pulled out the winning ticket in a special hospice lottery last week. John, who lives in the district, was guest of honour at The Hospice Lottery s annual Superdraw which was held at Gr
A DRAW was a certainty when the BBC's voice of football, John Motson, pulled out the winning ticket in a special hospice lottery last week.
John, who lives in the district, was guest of honour at The Hospice Lottery's annual Superdraw which was held at Grove House in St Albans.
The winner from Aylesbury was a supporter of the Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity in the Bucks town - another hospice in the lottery partnership which has a total of seven partners.
Further prize-winners were subsequently drawn by the Mayor of St Albans, Cllr Bert Pawle.
You may also want to watch:
The Hospice Lottery provides a secure and predictable income to each of the partner hospices which include Grove House, Iain Rennie Hospice at Home and the Hospice of St Francis in Berkhamsted.
The 2008 Superdraw, which takes place annually, has raised a grand total of £84,000 this year. In addition there are prizes of between £10 and £1,000 to be won every week.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Further details can be obtained from the lottery office on 01442 891459 or go to www.hospicelottery.org.uk