Vinnie Jones hit by unpaid tax bill
FOOTBALL hardman turned Hollywood superstar Vinnie Jones has landed in hot water with the tax man. The celebrity, who used to live in Redbourn but now resides in Los Angeles, faces an unpaid tax bill of nearly �130,000 dating back to 2006. His company – V
FOOTBALL hardman turned Hollywood superstar Vinnie Jones has landed in hot water with the tax man.
The celebrity, who used to live in Redbourn but now resides in Los Angeles, faces an unpaid tax bill of nearly �130,000 dating back to 2006.
His company - Vinnie Jones Enterprises Ltd - of which he is the sole director, was put into liquidation in September after a petition from HM Revenue and Customs was presented to the High Court. He set up the company in 1999 to promote his personal activities.
Appointed liquidator, Ian Defty of St Albans accountants Kingston Smith and Partners LLP, said the full extent of the money owed by the company is yet to be ascertained.
Mr Defty said that it was his duty to investigate the activities of the director, the causes of the company's failure and to seek recovery of any assets for the benefit of creditors.
Jones has told the national press that there had been a mix-up over bank accounts following his move to the US.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 7 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 8 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 9 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 10 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
He played for Wimbledon FC in his heyday as a footballer and went on to establish an acting career after appearing in Guy Richie's Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.