Vinnie Jones hit by unpaid tax bill
FOOTBALL hardman turned Hollywood superstar Vinnie Jones has landed in hot water with the tax man. The celebrity, who used to live in Redbourn but now resides in Los Angeles, faces an unpaid tax bill of nearly �130,000 dating back to 2006. His company – V
FOOTBALL hardman turned Hollywood superstar Vinnie Jones has landed in hot water with the tax man.
The celebrity, who used to live in Redbourn but now resides in Los Angeles, faces an unpaid tax bill of nearly �130,000 dating back to 2006.
His company - Vinnie Jones Enterprises Ltd - of which he is the sole director, was put into liquidation in September after a petition from HM Revenue and Customs was presented to the High Court. He set up the company in 1999 to promote his personal activities.
Appointed liquidator, Ian Defty of St Albans accountants Kingston Smith and Partners LLP, said the full extent of the money owed by the company is yet to be ascertained.
Mr Defty said that it was his duty to investigate the activities of the director, the causes of the company's failure and to seek recovery of any assets for the benefit of creditors.
Jones has told the national press that there had been a mix-up over bank accounts following his move to the US.
- 1 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 6 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
He played for Wimbledon FC in his heyday as a footballer and went on to establish an acting career after appearing in Guy Richie's Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.