Vinnie Jones hit by unpaid tax bill
FOOTBALL hardman turned Hollywood superstar Vinnie Jones has landed in hot water with the tax man. The celebrity, who used to live in Redbourn but now resides in Los Angeles, faces an unpaid tax bill of nearly �130,000 dating back to 2006. His company – V
FOOTBALL hardman turned Hollywood superstar Vinnie Jones has landed in hot water with the tax man.
The celebrity, who used to live in Redbourn but now resides in Los Angeles, faces an unpaid tax bill of nearly �130,000 dating back to 2006.
His company - Vinnie Jones Enterprises Ltd - of which he is the sole director, was put into liquidation in September after a petition from HM Revenue and Customs was presented to the High Court. He set up the company in 1999 to promote his personal activities.
Appointed liquidator, Ian Defty of St Albans accountants Kingston Smith and Partners LLP, said the full extent of the money owed by the company is yet to be ascertained.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Defty said that it was his duty to investigate the activities of the director, the causes of the company's failure and to seek recovery of any assets for the benefit of creditors.
Jones has told the national press that there had been a mix-up over bank accounts following his move to the US.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 Remembering Heartwood Forest supporter Pam
He played for Wimbledon FC in his heyday as a footballer and went on to establish an acting career after appearing in Guy Richie's Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.