Video: UFOs spotted over St Albans
UFOs have been reported over St Albans by a local family who captured the phenomenon on video camera. Brian Wade and his family saw two moving and glowing orange objects hovering a few hundred feet above his back garden in Batchwood Drive at around 9.30pm
UFOs have been reported over St Albans by a local family who captured the phenomenon on video camera.
Brian Wade and his family saw two moving and glowing orange objects hovering a few hundred feet above his back garden in Batchwood Drive at around 9.30pm on Sunday night.
The 46-year-old, who works for a housing association, said that he was relaxing in his living room with the lights off and the TV on when he saw the first glow out the window.
He said: "The curtains were open. I was on my laptop at the time and I just stopped to look up at the TV and I saw this light out of the window. I called to my wife and daughter and we dashed outside."
Soon after his 14-year-old daughter Savanna started filming the incident, Brian and his wife Marion saw another orange glow appear and it looked as if it was following the first object over the nearby City Hospital and towards Hemel Hempstead.
They have been left baffled and are hoping that other people may have also seen it.
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 3 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 4 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 5 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
- 7 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 8 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 9 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 10 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
Brian said: "It was just like a very bright orange fireball. There was no noise at all from whatever it was, no sound of any engines. I just can't explain what we saw but we are just amazed. I'm sure that there must have been other people who have seen this."
It's not the first time the family have had reason to believe that there might be a chance we are sharing the universe - they spotted a similar orange glow when they were on a beach in Cornwall last May.
Brian added: "I always keep an open mind as it's a big space out there."
Did you see the glowing orange objects? Let us know.