VIDEO: Raging lorry blaze shuts St Albans motorway slip road
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters battled a mammoth blaze near St Albans this afternoon after a lorry carrying cooking oil and food overturned and caught fire.
Emergency services and engineers were also called to the M25 junction 21a following the incident at around 1.30pm.
An investigation has been launched and the road is currently expected to be closed for several hours, including during rush hour.
The Highways Agency advised drivers to allow extra travel time in the wake of the accident.
They added that road users wishing to use the M25 anti-clockwise should exit the M25 at junction 23 and take the A1(M) north, exit at junction 3 and join the A414 west.
You may also want to watch:
Then take the A405 south and rejoin the M25 at junction 21. For more information visit www.highways.gov.uk/traffic
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development