VIDEO: Raging lorry blaze shuts St Albans motorway slip road
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters battled a mammoth blaze near St Albans this afternoon after a lorry carrying cooking oil and food overturned and caught fire.
Emergency services and engineers were also called to the M25 junction 21a following the incident at around 1.30pm.
An investigation has been launched and the road is currently expected to be closed for several hours, including during rush hour.
The Highways Agency advised drivers to allow extra travel time in the wake of the accident.
They added that road users wishing to use the M25 anti-clockwise should exit the M25 at junction 23 and take the A1(M) north, exit at junction 3 and join the A414 west.
You may also want to watch:
Then take the A405 south and rejoin the M25 at junction 21. For more information visit www.highways.gov.uk/traffic
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans