Video: Mother and baby flash mob surprise St Albans market shoppers
- Credit: Archant
Market day shoppers got more that they bargained for when a group of mothers and babies broke into dance today (Weds).
Thirteen mothers and their babies surprised shoppers with their flash dance outside Barclays Bank at around 11am.
The mothers and their babies, all attached by sling, performed a dance routine to the song Footloose.
Jackie Hislop, organiser and Sling Swing instructor, said: “It went amazing, we had lots of fun.
“The babies looked like they really enjoyed it and everyone else looked like they enjoyed it, it was fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“We wanted to show St Albans that you can have lots of fun and do what you want to do while still having your baby close to you and hopefully that came across.”
When asked if they had any more surprises lined up, Jackie added: “We might have a few more things lined up. It’s all about sharing the baby wearing love.”
Jackie runs ‘Sling Swing’ classes in St Albans and Harpenden which all involve dancing with baby and sling in tow.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe