Video: Mother and baby flash mob surprise St Albans market shoppers
- Credit: Archant
Market day shoppers got more that they bargained for when a group of mothers and babies broke into dance today (Weds).
Thirteen mothers and their babies surprised shoppers with their flash dance outside Barclays Bank at around 11am.
The mothers and their babies, all attached by sling, performed a dance routine to the song Footloose.
Jackie Hislop, organiser and Sling Swing instructor, said: “It went amazing, we had lots of fun.
“The babies looked like they really enjoyed it and everyone else looked like they enjoyed it, it was fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“We wanted to show St Albans that you can have lots of fun and do what you want to do while still having your baby close to you and hopefully that came across.”
When asked if they had any more surprises lined up, Jackie added: “We might have a few more things lined up. It’s all about sharing the baby wearing love.”
Jackie runs ‘Sling Swing’ classes in St Albans and Harpenden which all involve dancing with baby and sling in tow.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears