Video: Dancing Bricket Wood postie carries on for Michael Jackson
A MOONWALKING mail man whose Billie Jean routine has raised hundreds of pounds for charity has vowed to carry on dancing in memory of Michael Jackson. Mike Izzard, aged 36, who delivers post to Bricket Wood, filmed his Billie Jean dance at the end of Ma
A MOONWALKING mail man whose Billie Jean routine has raised hundreds of pounds for charity has vowed to carry on dancing in memory of Michael Jackson.
Mike Izzard, aged 36, who delivers post to Bricket Wood, filmed his Billie Jean dance at the end of May at the Royal Mail delivery office in Brick Knoll Park and sold copies of the DVD to friends and family, collecting over �500 for his favourite charity, the RSPCA.
Mike, who had tickets to see Michael Jackson at the O2 arena, said that he was "heartbroken" when he heard about the singer's heart attack: "I still haven't got over the shock; Michael Jackson was my idol and I wore my bedroom carpet thin dancing to his music from the age of 10 onwards."
Mike, who lives in Hemel Hempstead, said that he would donate the money he gets back from his concert tickets to one of the charities that Michael Jackson supported.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "As a keen charity donator himself, I think Michael Jackson would've been pleased that people like me are using his music to raise money for charity. I'm definitely going to keep up the MJ moves and perhaps I'll think about another routine for a tribute."
You can watch Mike dance his Billie Jean routine by typing in Postie Mike as Michael Jackson into YouTube.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square