Victory for St Albans and Harpenden police cadets in competition
- Credit: Archant
Volunteer Police Cadets from St Albans and Harpenden emerged victorious as they competed in an event to mark Armed Forces Day.
Representatives from the group attended the celebration in Harpenden on Saturday, June 24, where they spent part of the day competing against fellow cadet groups from other organisations.
Those taking part included the Harpenden Air Cadets, St Georges Army Cadets and the Luton Sea and Royal Marine Cadets.
The cadets took part in three challenges including drill, tug of war and climbing and abseiling.
The police cadets took top spot, taking home the Armed Forces Day trophy.
Sergeant Steve Alison, who leads the St Albans and Harpenden Cadets, said: “This was a fantastic and well-attended event to celebrate our Armed Forces.
“All the cadets thoroughly enjoyed themselves and were pleased to be crowned winners against some tough opposition. I’d like to thank the organisers for having us on the day.”
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Taxi stopped with ‘tyre below legal tread depth’ on A41
- 6 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
Anyone interested in joining the cadets can visit www.herts.police.uk/cadets for more information.