Victory for St Albans and Harpenden police cadets in competition
- Credit: Archant
Volunteer Police Cadets from St Albans and Harpenden emerged victorious as they competed in an event to mark Armed Forces Day.
Representatives from the group attended the celebration in Harpenden on Saturday, June 24, where they spent part of the day competing against fellow cadet groups from other organisations.
Those taking part included the Harpenden Air Cadets, St Georges Army Cadets and the Luton Sea and Royal Marine Cadets.
The cadets took part in three challenges including drill, tug of war and climbing and abseiling.
The police cadets took top spot, taking home the Armed Forces Day trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Steve Alison, who leads the St Albans and Harpenden Cadets, said: “This was a fantastic and well-attended event to celebrate our Armed Forces.
“All the cadets thoroughly enjoyed themselves and were pleased to be crowned winners against some tough opposition. I’d like to thank the organisers for having us on the day.”
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
Anyone interested in joining the cadets can visit www.herts.police.uk/cadets for more information.