Verulamium at Play looking for superheroes and fairies for fundraiser in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
St Albans charity Verulamium at Play is inviting children to come dressed as fairies and superheroes for a fundraising event.
The event, being held at Verulamium Park on Saturday, July 15, will involve children blowing bubbles into the sky and wishing for a new playground for the park.
The charity has been campaigning for the new playground since last year and has held several events with the hope of raising £250,000.
Event organiser and charity board member Kate Swindells said: “With the event taking place very close to the playground itself, we are hoping to capture the hearts and coins of many regulars.”
The event is aimed at pre-school and primary school children, who can also enjoy photobooths, face-painting and cupcakes.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a raffle, with a bottle of prosecco and tickets to the Meraki festival up for grabs.
The charity are asking people for donations addressed to the children’s fairy godmothers and godfathers via www.justgiving.com
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public