Verulamium at Play looking for superheroes and fairies for fundraiser in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
St Albans charity Verulamium at Play is inviting children to come dressed as fairies and superheroes for a fundraising event.
The event, being held at Verulamium Park on Saturday, July 15, will involve children blowing bubbles into the sky and wishing for a new playground for the park.
The charity has been campaigning for the new playground since last year and has held several events with the hope of raising £250,000.
Event organiser and charity board member Kate Swindells said: “With the event taking place very close to the playground itself, we are hoping to capture the hearts and coins of many regulars.”
The event is aimed at pre-school and primary school children, who can also enjoy photobooths, face-painting and cupcakes.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a raffle, with a bottle of prosecco and tickets to the Meraki festival up for grabs.
The charity are asking people for donations addressed to the children’s fairy godmothers and godfathers via www.justgiving.com
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 8 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 9 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 10 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes