Ver Poets Open Competition to take place at St Albans’ Maltings Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Prize-winning poets from all over Britain will visit St Albans to perform in a literary competition.
The annual Ver Poets Open Competition takes place at the city’s Maltings Arts Theatre on Saturday, July 8.
There will be big cash prizes for the top three poems.
More than 800 entries were judged by Tamar Yoseloff, an American-born writer who specialises in poems linked to the visual arts. The second half of the event will see her reading from her book A Formula for Night.
Ms Yoseloff, who teaches on the MA course at he Poetry School in London, says: “People who come to the prize-giving on Saturday will hear some top-notch writing.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will be free to attend for the general public.
An anthology of the winning and commended poems will be on sale for those who wish to acquire a copy of the event’s poetry for themselves.
- 1 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 2 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space