Ver Poets Open Competition to take place at St Albans’ Maltings Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Prize-winning poets from all over Britain will visit St Albans to perform in a literary competition.
The annual Ver Poets Open Competition takes place at the city’s Maltings Arts Theatre on Saturday, July 8.
There will be big cash prizes for the top three poems.
More than 800 entries were judged by Tamar Yoseloff, an American-born writer who specialises in poems linked to the visual arts. The second half of the event will see her reading from her book A Formula for Night.
Ms Yoseloff, who teaches on the MA course at he Poetry School in London, says: “People who come to the prize-giving on Saturday will hear some top-notch writing.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will be free to attend for the general public.
An anthology of the winning and commended poems will be on sale for those who wish to acquire a copy of the event’s poetry for themselves.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant