Veolia Water warns of fake phone calls
A BOGUS telephone caller is targeting Veolia Water customers and asking them to pay false overdue water payments over the phone using debit or credit cards.
Veolia Water has confirmed that the caller’s fraudulent activity also includes automated messages and cards through letterboxes demanding payment.
Vincent Muldoon, Director of Customer Relations at Veolia, said: “Employees of Veolia Water would never cold call our customers and offer them a discount for payment, and we urge people to be vigilant when they give out personal details over the telephone. We would also not leave a card in your door demanding payment.”
Should people receive a suspicious phone call or demand of payment, they are advised to contact their bank and report the crime.
Mr Muldoon added: “If there is any doubt, do not continue with the conversation, put the phone down and contact our Customer Contact Centre on 0845 7823333 and the police.”
You may also want to watch:
For further information on bogus callers visit: www.veoliawater.co.uk/helpinghands
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures