Vegas style at St Albans hair salon
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans hair salon is celebrating three successful years in business with a red carpet and Las Vegas-themed event.
Flapper girls and one-armed bandits will greet guests at the Chestnut Hair Salon in High Oaks who will be treated to pick’n’mix, a chocolate fountain, balloons, banners and bubbly.
Emily Blyde, who started the salon three years ago aged just 19, said she was also launching a charity collection service, which would see elderly or disabled customers collected from their homes and brought to the salon.
She said: “When I first started I used to collect a lady called Joyce from her home and bring her into the salon, but sadly she has now passed away so I thought it would be a good idea to start doing it for others.
“We’re just trying to raise enough to start it off really, and to see how it goes. I’m sure it will be a success.”
You may also want to watch:
The service, which will be named the Chestnut Charity, will begin on a monthly basis, with recipients either putting themselves forward or being nominated by family and friends.
Emily said: “My nan can’t drive and there must be lots of people like her - that’s where the idea came from.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high
Chestnut Hair Salon is marking its third successful year and Emily said she was keen to expand further.
She explained: “It was just me to start with but I’ve since trained up three apprentices - two of which are still with me today.
“I need more space. I need a bigger shop. Initially, I’m just looking for more space for this one, but I want to expand and have lots of shops one day.”
The Chestnut Hair Salon’s Vegas-themed event is on all day today.