Vegas style at St Albans hair salon
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans hair salon is celebrating three successful years in business with a red carpet and Las Vegas-themed event.
Flapper girls and one-armed bandits will greet guests at the Chestnut Hair Salon in High Oaks who will be treated to pick’n’mix, a chocolate fountain, balloons, banners and bubbly.
Emily Blyde, who started the salon three years ago aged just 19, said she was also launching a charity collection service, which would see elderly or disabled customers collected from their homes and brought to the salon.
She said: “When I first started I used to collect a lady called Joyce from her home and bring her into the salon, but sadly she has now passed away so I thought it would be a good idea to start doing it for others.
“We’re just trying to raise enough to start it off really, and to see how it goes. I’m sure it will be a success.”
The service, which will be named the Chestnut Charity, will begin on a monthly basis, with recipients either putting themselves forward or being nominated by family and friends.
Emily said: “My nan can’t drive and there must be lots of people like her - that’s where the idea came from.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 The Midwich Cuckoos: Keeley Hawes on Sky's gripping new drama adapted from John Wyndham’s sci-fi novel
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
Chestnut Hair Salon is marking its third successful year and Emily said she was keen to expand further.
She explained: “It was just me to start with but I’ve since trained up three apprentices - two of which are still with me today.
“I need more space. I need a bigger shop. Initially, I’m just looking for more space for this one, but I want to expand and have lots of shops one day.”
The Chestnut Hair Salon’s Vegas-themed event is on all day today.