Vegas style at St Albans hair salon
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans hair salon is celebrating three successful years in business with a red carpet and Las Vegas-themed event.
Flapper girls and one-armed bandits will greet guests at the Chestnut Hair Salon in High Oaks who will be treated to pick’n’mix, a chocolate fountain, balloons, banners and bubbly.
Emily Blyde, who started the salon three years ago aged just 19, said she was also launching a charity collection service, which would see elderly or disabled customers collected from their homes and brought to the salon.
She said: “When I first started I used to collect a lady called Joyce from her home and bring her into the salon, but sadly she has now passed away so I thought it would be a good idea to start doing it for others.
“We’re just trying to raise enough to start it off really, and to see how it goes. I’m sure it will be a success.”
The service, which will be named the Chestnut Charity, will begin on a monthly basis, with recipients either putting themselves forward or being nominated by family and friends.
Emily said: “My nan can’t drive and there must be lots of people like her - that’s where the idea came from.”
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 MP condemns government over BBC threat
- 10 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
Chestnut Hair Salon is marking its third successful year and Emily said she was keen to expand further.
She explained: “It was just me to start with but I’ve since trained up three apprentices - two of which are still with me today.
“I need more space. I need a bigger shop. Initially, I’m just looking for more space for this one, but I want to expand and have lots of shops one day.”
The Chestnut Hair Salon’s Vegas-themed event is on all day today.