Vandals cause car fire in St Albans
VANDALS broke the headlamp of a car, causing it to burst into flames. The car was parked on a driveway in Leyland Avenue, St Albans, when the incident happened just after midnight last Thursday morning. The culprits also hurled a missile through the winds
VANDALS broke the headlamp of a car, causing it to burst into flames.
The car was parked on a driveway in Leyland Avenue, St Albans, when the incident happened just after midnight last Thursday morning.
The culprits also hurled a missile through the windscreen and a front window of the property before making off.
Firefighters from St Albans attended the scene, as well as police officers.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson explained that when the vandals smashed the headlamp of the green Volkswagen people carrier, it set fire to the filament behind the bulb which then caused the front nearside of the vehicle to go up in flames.
The incidents are being treated as criminal damage and investigations are ongoing.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Anyone with any information should contact the police on 0845 3300222.