Vandals cause car fire in St Albans
VANDALS broke the headlamp of a car, causing it to burst into flames. The car was parked on a driveway in Leyland Avenue, St Albans, when the incident happened just after midnight last Thursday morning. The culprits also hurled a missile through the winds
VANDALS broke the headlamp of a car, causing it to burst into flames.
The car was parked on a driveway in Leyland Avenue, St Albans, when the incident happened just after midnight last Thursday morning.
The culprits also hurled a missile through the windscreen and a front window of the property before making off.
Firefighters from St Albans attended the scene, as well as police officers.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson explained that when the vandals smashed the headlamp of the green Volkswagen people carrier, it set fire to the filament behind the bulb which then caused the front nearside of the vehicle to go up in flames.
The incidents are being treated as criminal damage and investigations are ongoing.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
Anyone with any information should contact the police on 0845 3300222.