Van rammed during anti-Semitic attack in St Albans
ANTI-Semitic abuse was shouted out of a car window before the vehicle was driven into the back of a van, police have revealed. It happened as a man in a silver Ford van was driving along Abbey Mill Lane, St Albans, towards the junction of Fishpool Street
ANTI-Semitic abuse was shouted out of a car window before the vehicle was driven into the back of a van, police have revealed.
It happened as a man in a silver Ford van was driving along Abbey Mill Lane, St Albans, towards the junction of Fishpool Street and George Street at 2pm on Wednesday, September 23.
As he approached the junction, another man in a green L-registered Nissan pulled up behind him and shouted anti-Semitic abuse out of the car window.
He is then believed to have deliberately driven his car into the back of the man's van, damaging the rear left side of the vehicle, before driving off at speed along Fishpool Street.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer, Pc Irfan Ishaq, said: "This was a callous and unprovoked attack on a member of the public. Racially motivated offences are thankfully rare in the local area but when they do happen we treat them very seriously and would urge anyone who may have seen the incident take place to come forward."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Ishaq on 0845 33 00 222 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team