Van fire on M25 causes delays between junctions 20 and 21a
- Credit: Archant
A van fire on the M25 caused delays during rush hour yesterday (Thursday) as three lanes were closed.
Three fire engines from St Albans and Rickmansworth station were called out at about 5pm to attend to a scorched van between junctions 20 and 21a.
The driver pulled over to the central reservation area when the vehicle ignited because of a fuel leak.
Two lanes were closed clockwise and another anticlockwise.
Firefighters used hose reels to extinguish the blaze and dry powder to put out a small running fuel fire.
You may also want to watch:
All lanes were reopened just after 6.30pm.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans