Van fire on M25 causes delays between junctions 20 and 21a
- Credit: Archant
A van fire on the M25 caused delays during rush hour yesterday (Thursday) as three lanes were closed.
Three fire engines from St Albans and Rickmansworth station were called out at about 5pm to attend to a scorched van between junctions 20 and 21a.
The driver pulled over to the central reservation area when the vehicle ignited because of a fuel leak.
Two lanes were closed clockwise and another anticlockwise.
Firefighters used hose reels to extinguish the blaze and dry powder to put out a small running fuel fire.
You may also want to watch:
All lanes were reopened just after 6.30pm.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district