Van crashes into St Albans Argos
- Credit: Archant
A shop has been temporarily closed for fear it is structurally unsafe after a van crashed into a supporting pillar.
A van crashed into another vehicle which then hit a pillar outside Argos in Spencer Street at about 9.30 this morning (Wednesday).
The vans both have denting and the pillar now needs to have extra support to ensure there is no further damage to the structure of the building.
The shop has been closed since the incident for fear the building is structurally unsafe.
A spokesperson for Herts Police said: “The woman driver of a white Ford Transit van has hit a parked vehicle – a silver Volkswagen Caddy. One of the vehicles has hit a post outside Argos.”
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance as a precaution was called to the scene but no one was hospitalised.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall