Van crashes into St Albans Argos
- Credit: Archant
A shop has been temporarily closed for fear it is structurally unsafe after a van crashed into a supporting pillar.
A van crashed into another vehicle which then hit a pillar outside Argos in Spencer Street at about 9.30 this morning (Wednesday).
The vans both have denting and the pillar now needs to have extra support to ensure there is no further damage to the structure of the building.
The shop has been closed since the incident for fear the building is structurally unsafe.
A spokesperson for Herts Police said: “The woman driver of a white Ford Transit van has hit a parked vehicle – a silver Volkswagen Caddy. One of the vehicles has hit a post outside Argos.”
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance as a precaution was called to the scene but no one was hospitalised.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app