Van crashes into St Albans Argos
- Credit: Archant
A shop has been temporarily closed for fear it is structurally unsafe after a van crashed into a supporting pillar.
A van crashed into another vehicle which then hit a pillar outside Argos in Spencer Street at about 9.30 this morning (Wednesday).
The vans both have denting and the pillar now needs to have extra support to ensure there is no further damage to the structure of the building.
The shop has been closed since the incident for fear the building is structurally unsafe.
A spokesperson for Herts Police said: “The woman driver of a white Ford Transit van has hit a parked vehicle – a silver Volkswagen Caddy. One of the vehicles has hit a post outside Argos.”
An ambulance as a precaution was called to the scene but no one was hospitalised.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead