Urban garden being built in St Albans city centre
- Credit: Archant
An urban garden is being developed in the centre of St Albans, to help citizens relax and learn more about growing plants.
Car park contractor NCP is working in partnership with FoodSmiles St Albans, a small group which promotes cultivation, to create the space.
The garden will be located next to the Russell Avenue car park, near to the city centre.
Council community services boss Cllr Beric Read said: “NCP is one of our major contractors, delivering an important and high profile role in managing many of our car parks.
“But as well as undertaking commercial activities, NCP has chosen to build close links with the community to help improve the city.”
You may also want to watch:
NCP is one of the companies who contributed to the £7 million redevelopment of the town hall into a museum and gallery.
The company also contribute to St Albans District Shopmobility, a scheme which provides mobility scooters to help people get around the city.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant