Urban garden being built in St Albans city centre
- Credit: Archant
An urban garden is being developed in the centre of St Albans, to help citizens relax and learn more about growing plants.
Car park contractor NCP is working in partnership with FoodSmiles St Albans, a small group which promotes cultivation, to create the space.
The garden will be located next to the Russell Avenue car park, near to the city centre.
Council community services boss Cllr Beric Read said: “NCP is one of our major contractors, delivering an important and high profile role in managing many of our car parks.
“But as well as undertaking commercial activities, NCP has chosen to build close links with the community to help improve the city.”
You may also want to watch:
NCP is one of the companies who contributed to the £7 million redevelopment of the town hall into a museum and gallery.
The company also contribute to St Albans District Shopmobility, a scheme which provides mobility scooters to help people get around the city.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues