Urban duo film new video with rapper at St Albans nightclub
- Credit: Photo courtesy of Phil Smith
A prominent St Albans nightspot has been turned into an atmospheric setting for the filming of a video ahead of the release of a local duo’s latest single.
Hard-working urban duo LS One, Ice Playa (aka Michael Lawrence) and Kristal (Chris Green) have put a temporary halt to touring and supporting stars such as Tinchy Stryder to concentrate on producing club song, “Ride Out”.
It follows their recent release “Yesterday”.
Michael and Chris, former Francis Bacon School pupils, are so proud of their St Albans’ roots that they did not hesitate to contact Club Batchwood ahead of filming on Sunday.
They were joined by a bevy of beauties and rapper Sneakbo at the hilltop nightspot, which was transformed into a moody setting for the filming.
You may also want to watch:
The duo have been working hard to increase their exposure in the media, through plenty of networking and joining DJs on the likes of Radio One.
Michael said that they aimed to cater for a wider audience, and not just “put ourselves in a box – we didn’t want the video to look trashy”. He said that St Albans was their first choice for filming, as “you can’t forget your roots”.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
The duo praised Batchwood’s recent refurbishment.
Chris added: “We haven’t been doing gigs recently because we have been really busy videoing and recording music.
“After this, we will try to concentrate on promoting the track, which will be available on iTunes.”
Joining the filming was Batchwood promoter Chelsea Talbot and sales and events manager Victoria Gray, who said, “I’m really enjoying it, and it’s great to support a local duo.”