Update: Woman in her 80s flown to hospital after collision in Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
Herts Police have launched an appeal for information after a collision in Redbourn left an elderly woman in a critical condition this morning (Monday).
The woman, in her 80s, was flown by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital after suffering serious injuries in a collision on Dunstable Road (A5183), by Luton Lane.
Police and emergency services were called to the scene at about 9.43am following the collision between a silver Ford Focus and grey Peugot 206.
A spokesman for the police said the elderly woman, who was driving one of the vehicles, was in a critical condition, while the driver of the other vehicle suffered minor injuries.
Two roads in the village which were closed for several hours to allow recovery of the vehicles and a police investigation - Kinsbourne Green Lane and Harpenden Lane - were this afternoon reopened.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) said that a woman in her 80s suffered serious injuries in the collision, including chest injuries and two broken legs.
The woman was anaesthetised at the scene by medics aboard the Herts air ambulance, and flown to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
- 1 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 2 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 3 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 4 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 5 Club night revival in St Albans
- 6 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 7 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 8 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 9 Bahá’ís bring bench to St Albans parkland
- 10 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
Anyone with information on the collision should contact PC Jacqueline Lister via the Herts police non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.