Update: Woman in her 80s flown to hospital after collision in Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
Herts Police have launched an appeal for information after a collision in Redbourn left an elderly woman in a critical condition this morning (Monday).
The woman, in her 80s, was flown by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital after suffering serious injuries in a collision on Dunstable Road (A5183), by Luton Lane.
Police and emergency services were called to the scene at about 9.43am following the collision between a silver Ford Focus and grey Peugot 206.
A spokesman for the police said the elderly woman, who was driving one of the vehicles, was in a critical condition, while the driver of the other vehicle suffered minor injuries.
Two roads in the village which were closed for several hours to allow recovery of the vehicles and a police investigation - Kinsbourne Green Lane and Harpenden Lane - were this afternoon reopened.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) said that a woman in her 80s suffered serious injuries in the collision, including chest injuries and two broken legs.
The woman was anaesthetised at the scene by medics aboard the Herts air ambulance, and flown to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Anyone with information on the collision should contact PC Jacqueline Lister via the Herts police non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.