UPDATE: St Albans collision fatality named by police
- Credit: Archant
A 55-year-old St Albans man who died in a fatal road collision earlier this week has been named by police.
Brian Paul Barrett, of Sunnydell, sustained head injuries after he collided with a van as he crossed the road on Tippendell Lane at 9am on Monday, June 23.
He was attended to by paramedics but sadly died at the scene.
The Vauxhall Combi was travelling towards the A414 when the collision happened.
Investigating officer PC Jackie Lister, from the Road Crash Investigation Team, said: “I am appealing for anyone who witnessed the events leading up to this incident or who saw the collision take place, to contact police as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Jackie Lister on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines