UPDATE: St Albans collision fatality named by police
- Credit: Archant
A 55-year-old St Albans man who died in a fatal road collision earlier this week has been named by police.
Brian Paul Barrett, of Sunnydell, sustained head injuries after he collided with a van as he crossed the road on Tippendell Lane at 9am on Monday, June 23.
He was attended to by paramedics but sadly died at the scene.
The Vauxhall Combi was travelling towards the A414 when the collision happened.
Investigating officer PC Jackie Lister, from the Road Crash Investigation Team, said: “I am appealing for anyone who witnessed the events leading up to this incident or who saw the collision take place, to contact police as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Jackie Lister on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 9 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 10 St Albans MP vows to fight developer 'free for all' to protect Herts Green Belt