UPDATE: Police seek out passing taxi driver following serious St Albans collision
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued an updated appeal after a serious St Albans collision on Saturday morning and are hoping to get in touch with a taxi driver who stopped at the scene.
The two-vehicle collision took place at 12.36am near the junction of Harpenden Road and Heathlands Drive when a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO hit the kerb, veered into the opposite side of the road and collided with a Volvo XC90.
The front seat passenger of the EVO, a 25 year old man, was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in London with serious head injuries. He remains there at this time in a critical but stable condition.
The 26-year-old driver of the vehicle, and another passenger, a 24 year old woman, were also seriously injured and taken to Watford General hospital.
The driver of the Volvo, a 45 year old woman, suffered minor injuries but was not taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
PC Helen Carpenter said: “I am aware that a white taxi stopped at the scene immediately after the collision but had left before police arrived.
“This driver may have witnessed something vital and I would ask that the driver make contact with me via the Herts police non-emergency number 101 quoting reference number 24 of March 29th.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall