UPDATE: Police seek out passing taxi driver following serious St Albans collision
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued an updated appeal after a serious St Albans collision on Saturday morning and are hoping to get in touch with a taxi driver who stopped at the scene.
The two-vehicle collision took place at 12.36am near the junction of Harpenden Road and Heathlands Drive when a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO hit the kerb, veered into the opposite side of the road and collided with a Volvo XC90.
The front seat passenger of the EVO, a 25 year old man, was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in London with serious head injuries. He remains there at this time in a critical but stable condition.
The 26-year-old driver of the vehicle, and another passenger, a 24 year old woman, were also seriously injured and taken to Watford General hospital.
The driver of the Volvo, a 45 year old woman, suffered minor injuries but was not taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
PC Helen Carpenter said: “I am aware that a white taxi stopped at the scene immediately after the collision but had left before police arrived.
“This driver may have witnessed something vital and I would ask that the driver make contact with me via the Herts police non-emergency number 101 quoting reference number 24 of March 29th.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'