UPDATE: Pair charged after alleged burglary in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged following an alleged burglary in St Albans on Wednesday night.
Police were called to Cex Entertainment Exchange in French Row at around 11.30pm after two men forced entry into the store.
They allegedly stole a number of electrical items, then ran away from the scene.
One man is then suspected of forcing entry into a house in Liverpool Road just before he was arrested by police.
• James Smith, 32, of Pound Lane in Willesden, has been charged with burglary and two counts of obstructing a constable in the execution of their duty. He has also been charged with use of violence to secure entry to a premises.
You may also want to watch:
• Andre French, 34, of Dale Avenue, Edgware, has been charged with burglary and one count of obstructing a constable in the execution of their duty.
Both appeared today (Friday) at Hatfield Remand Court and have been remanded in custody. A further court date is yet to be set.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team