UPDATE: Pair charged after alleged burglary in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged following an alleged burglary in St Albans on Wednesday night.
Police were called to Cex Entertainment Exchange in French Row at around 11.30pm after two men forced entry into the store.
They allegedly stole a number of electrical items, then ran away from the scene.
One man is then suspected of forcing entry into a house in Liverpool Road just before he was arrested by police.
• James Smith, 32, of Pound Lane in Willesden, has been charged with burglary and two counts of obstructing a constable in the execution of their duty. He has also been charged with use of violence to secure entry to a premises.
You may also want to watch:
• Andre French, 34, of Dale Avenue, Edgware, has been charged with burglary and one count of obstructing a constable in the execution of their duty.
Both appeared today (Friday) at Hatfield Remand Court and have been remanded in custody. A further court date is yet to be set.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor