Update: Naked man arrested in St Albans after driving erratically on M1
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in St Albans after motorists reported him to the police after seeing him allegedly driving erratically while naked on the M1 has been released on bail.
At about 3.30pm yesterday (Wednesday), police were contacted by motorists concerned about a man driving a white Ford Transit panel van erratically on the southbound carriageway of the motorway.
A Herts Police spokesman said the man was “described as naked”.
Officers from the roads policing unit asked the driver to pull over, but it is alleged that he did not stop.
He was then pursued by police vehicles and a helicopter.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said the pursuit ended on the North Orbital Road (A414) near the London Colney roundabout, where it connects with London Road in St Albans.
A 21 year old man from Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, was arrested on suspicion of driving a vehicle without the owner’s consent, dangerous driving and failing to stop for police.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre
He has been released on police bail until Thursday March 20.