Update: Naked man arrested in St Albans after driving erratically on M1
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in St Albans after motorists reported him to the police after seeing him allegedly driving erratically while naked on the M1 has been released on bail.
At about 3.30pm yesterday (Wednesday), police were contacted by motorists concerned about a man driving a white Ford Transit panel van erratically on the southbound carriageway of the motorway.
A Herts Police spokesman said the man was “described as naked”.
Officers from the roads policing unit asked the driver to pull over, but it is alleged that he did not stop.
He was then pursued by police vehicles and a helicopter.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said the pursuit ended on the North Orbital Road (A414) near the London Colney roundabout, where it connects with London Road in St Albans.
A 21 year old man from Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, was arrested on suspicion of driving a vehicle without the owner’s consent, dangerous driving and failing to stop for police.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 10 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
He has been released on police bail until Thursday March 20.