UPDATE: Motorcyclist dies after collision in Harpenden
- Credit: Photo supplied
A MOTORCYCLIST from Luton has died following a collision in Harpenden earlier today (Tuesday).
A spokesman for the Herts police has confirmed that the man died after his black Aprilia motorcycle collided with a blue Ford Transit van by the junction of Kinsbourne Green Lane.
The East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) was alerted to the A1081 between Luton and Harpenden at 10.53am.
An ambulance crew, response car and duty officer from the service’s Luton depot and the Hertfordshire Air Ambulance rushed to the scene.
EEAST spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the collision, said the motorcyclist had received treatment at the roadside by land and air ambulance crews and was taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The police have launched an appeal for information following the motorcyclist’s death. Please phone them on 101.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years