UPDATE: Motorcyclist dies after collision in Harpenden
- Credit: Photo supplied
A MOTORCYCLIST from Luton has died following a collision in Harpenden earlier today (Tuesday).
A spokesman for the Herts police has confirmed that the man died after his black Aprilia motorcycle collided with a blue Ford Transit van by the junction of Kinsbourne Green Lane.
The East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) was alerted to the A1081 between Luton and Harpenden at 10.53am.
An ambulance crew, response car and duty officer from the service’s Luton depot and the Hertfordshire Air Ambulance rushed to the scene.
EEAST spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the collision, said the motorcyclist had received treatment at the roadside by land and air ambulance crews and was taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The police have launched an appeal for information following the motorcyclist’s death. Please phone them on 101.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 5 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 8 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site