UPDATE: Man dies after being hit by a van in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Pedestrian dies after collision with a van on Tippendell Lane.
A man has died from injuries to the head after being hit by a van this morning.
The man, who was in his 50s, died after being involved in a pedestrian traffic collision on Tippendell Lane, St Albans.
Police and ambulances were called to the scene at 9am today (Monday), and the injured pedestrian was airlifted to Hemel Hempstead Hospital.
The A405 junction on Tippendell Lane was closed, but has since opened.
You may also want to watch:
The driver involved was left uninjured.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans