UPDATE: Man dies after being hit by a van in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Pedestrian dies after collision with a van on Tippendell Lane.
A man has died from injuries to the head after being hit by a van this morning.
The man, who was in his 50s, died after being involved in a pedestrian traffic collision on Tippendell Lane, St Albans.
Police and ambulances were called to the scene at 9am today (Monday), and the injured pedestrian was airlifted to Hemel Hempstead Hospital.
The A405 junction on Tippendell Lane was closed, but has since opened.
You may also want to watch:
The driver involved was left uninjured.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans