UPDATE: Man died after lorry overturned on Bricket Wood motorway slip road
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s has died after his lorry overturned on a Bricket Wood motorway slip road this morning.
Emergency services were called to the J6a exit road from the M1 southbound to J21a on the M25 clockwise around midday.
The fire service had to free the critically injured man from the lorry after he became trapped. Paramedics and the Herts Air Ambulance also attended but the man passed away at the scene.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to ascertain what caused the accident.
A number of people are believed to have passed this incident and officers are asking anyone who saw what happened to contact the Herts police non-emergency number 101 quoting ISR 257 of April 1.
You may also want to watch:
The Highways Agency said the slip road is expected to be closed until around 6.30pm this evening.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Area Guide: The Childwickbury estate explored
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations