UPDATE: Man died after lorry overturned on Bricket Wood motorway slip road
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s has died after his lorry overturned on a Bricket Wood motorway slip road this morning.
Emergency services were called to the J6a exit road from the M1 southbound to J21a on the M25 clockwise around midday.
The fire service had to free the critically injured man from the lorry after he became trapped. Paramedics and the Herts Air Ambulance also attended but the man passed away at the scene.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to ascertain what caused the accident.
A number of people are believed to have passed this incident and officers are asking anyone who saw what happened to contact the Herts police non-emergency number 101 quoting ISR 257 of April 1.
You may also want to watch:
The Highways Agency said the slip road is expected to be closed until around 6.30pm this evening.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team