UPDATE: Holby City actress plea for missing dog
- Credit: photo supplied
Holby City actress Rosie Marcel has thanked dog lovers in St Albans who rallied to help find a friend’s pet which went missing after being hit by a car at the weekend.
Rosie, who lives in St Albans, said Tilly, a brown and white three year old crossbreed missing since Saturday was found injured, but safe, this morning (Wednesday).
Tilly was taken for a walk through Heartwood Forest in Sandridge at around midday when she suddenly darted away.
Rosie explained: “Tilly saw some horses, and ran out of Heartwood Forest on to Sandridge Road. She got hit by a passing car and kept on running.”
Tilly was found limping early this morning by a woman walking her dog in Jersey Farm - miles from the woodland, near Tesco at the local shopping centre.
You may also want to watch:
The much-loved pet was today undergoing surgery after suffering a cut to her leg, but is otherwise well.
The actress, who owns two basset hounds, said: “It’s amazing news. It’s your worst nightmare, that your dog could go missing. I would like to say a massive thankyou to everyone who helped.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
Tilly’s owners have also thanked residents including farmers in the area for helping to search for her, and particularly two local women who found and looked after the dog this morning.
Further information on the successful search for Tilly will be available in tomorrow’s Herts Advertiser.