UPDATE: Holby City actress plea for missing dog
- Credit: photo supplied
Holby City actress Rosie Marcel has thanked dog lovers in St Albans who rallied to help find a friend’s pet which went missing after being hit by a car at the weekend.
Rosie, who lives in St Albans, said Tilly, a brown and white three year old crossbreed missing since Saturday was found injured, but safe, this morning (Wednesday).
Tilly was taken for a walk through Heartwood Forest in Sandridge at around midday when she suddenly darted away.
Rosie explained: “Tilly saw some horses, and ran out of Heartwood Forest on to Sandridge Road. She got hit by a passing car and kept on running.”
Tilly was found limping early this morning by a woman walking her dog in Jersey Farm - miles from the woodland, near Tesco at the local shopping centre.
The much-loved pet was today undergoing surgery after suffering a cut to her leg, but is otherwise well.
The actress, who owns two basset hounds, said: “It’s amazing news. It’s your worst nightmare, that your dog could go missing. I would like to say a massive thankyou to everyone who helped.”
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 4 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 5 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 8 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans and Watford
Tilly’s owners have also thanked residents including farmers in the area for helping to search for her, and particularly two local women who found and looked after the dog this morning.
Further information on the successful search for Tilly will be available in tomorrow’s Herts Advertiser.