UPDATE: Harpenden singer Alice Fredenham to sing on Britain’s Got Talent tonight
- Credit: Photo courtesy of Thames TV/SYCO
FANS of a Harpenden singer whose voice is so good she could “sing the telephone directory” have offered their full support ahead of the 28 year old’s performance on Britain’s Got Talent tonight (Tuesday).
Beauty therapist Alice Fredenham has been busy at Wembley Arena today preparing for tonight’s live ITV show where she will compete against eight other acts for a chance to go through to the final.
She is one of 45 contestants to appear on this week’s live shows, after judge Simon Cowell told her it had been an easy decision to put her through to the semi-finals.
At her initial audition, screened in April, he told her: “Wow! Oh my God this is what I’ve been waiting for. Your voice is like liquid gold. You have such an authentically beautiful voice.
“You could sing the phone book. I absolutely love you and I love your voice and I also love the fact that you actually don’t even know how good you are. Wow.”
You may also want to watch:
On her Facebook page, Alice posted an update saying: “Well here I am, the day has finally come. Hope you all enjoy the show tonight and thank you all for being so amazing and supportive.”
Fans wished her “all the very best”.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 9 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Elisa Pogue posted: “You don’t need luck Alice, you have a natural God-given talent...just be you & enjoy!!”
Alice said she was both nervous and excited about the show.
According to the Britain’s Got Talent Twitter feed, the atmosphere backstage for the second semi-final is “electric”.
The show starts on ITV at 7.30pm, followed by an announcement of the results – and whether Alice is one of two acts to go through to the final – at 9.30pm.
The live grand final is on Saturday June 8, with finalists vying to win £250,000 and a spot at this year’s Royal Variety Performance.