UPDATE: Driver hospitalised after car collision in Smallford
- Credit: Archant
AN ELDERLY male driver has been taken to hospital following a road traffic accident in Smallford.
Police were called to Station Road at 9.50am this morning and early reports suggested the incident involved a moving and a parked car.
Paramedics, including an air ambulance crew, treated a man in his 70s at the scene before taking him to Lister Hospital.
Emergency care practitioner Mark Giddens, who was first at the scene said: “I wish to pass on my sincere thanks to an off duty intensive care nurse and a builder who came to assist me at the scene.
“They both helped me remove the man from the car and helped me in his initial treatment until my colleagues arrived. There help was very much appreciated.”
You may also want to watch:
The road has now reopened.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines