UPDATE: Driver hospitalised after car collision in Smallford
- Credit: Archant
AN ELDERLY male driver has been taken to hospital following a road traffic accident in Smallford.
Police were called to Station Road at 9.50am this morning and early reports suggested the incident involved a moving and a parked car.
Paramedics, including an air ambulance crew, treated a man in his 70s at the scene before taking him to Lister Hospital.
Emergency care practitioner Mark Giddens, who was first at the scene said: “I wish to pass on my sincere thanks to an off duty intensive care nurse and a builder who came to assist me at the scene.
“They both helped me remove the man from the car and helped me in his initial treatment until my colleagues arrived. There help was very much appreciated.”
You may also want to watch:
The road has now reopened.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 St Albans MP vows to fight developer 'free for all' to protect Herts Green Belt
- 8 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 9 Look! See inside spectacular new lights display at St Albans Cathedral
- 10 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities