UPDATE: Colney Street security dog found
- Credit: Archant
A beloved German Shepherd who was stolen from a business in Colney Street on Sunday (30) has been found.
Bear, a security dog at a business in Moor Mill Lane, was taken after a vehicle was used to remove part of the property’s perimeter fence where Bear was inside.
Yesterday (7) he was handed into Hatfield Police station after being found on a road by members of the public.
It is believed they recognised the dog from social media and online news stories.
Bear has since been reunited with his owner and has been taken to a vet for a check over.
Despite appearing to be dehydrated and having a cut to one of his paws, Bear is expected to make a full recovery.
The investigation into who took Bear continues and anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact PCSO Gilling on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
Alternatively people can call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.