UPDATE: Colney Street security dog found
- Credit: Archant
A beloved German Shepherd who was stolen from a business in Colney Street on Sunday (30) has been found.
Bear, a security dog at a business in Moor Mill Lane, was taken after a vehicle was used to remove part of the property’s perimeter fence where Bear was inside.
Yesterday (7) he was handed into Hatfield Police station after being found on a road by members of the public.
It is believed they recognised the dog from social media and online news stories.
Bear has since been reunited with his owner and has been taken to a vet for a check over.
You may also want to watch:
Despite appearing to be dehydrated and having a cut to one of his paws, Bear is expected to make a full recovery.
The investigation into who took Bear continues and anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact PCSO Gilling on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
Alternatively people can call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.