UPDATE: Colney Street security dog found
- Credit: Archant
A beloved German Shepherd who was stolen from a business in Colney Street on Sunday (30) has been found.
Bear, a security dog at a business in Moor Mill Lane, was taken after a vehicle was used to remove part of the property’s perimeter fence where Bear was inside.
Yesterday (7) he was handed into Hatfield Police station after being found on a road by members of the public.
It is believed they recognised the dog from social media and online news stories.
Bear has since been reunited with his owner and has been taken to a vet for a check over.
You may also want to watch:
Despite appearing to be dehydrated and having a cut to one of his paws, Bear is expected to make a full recovery.
The investigation into who took Bear continues and anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact PCSO Gilling on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
Alternatively people can call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.