Update: A414 road closure
- Credit: Archant
A section of the A414 North Orbital road, at the London Colney roundabout, has been resurfaced after a substantial diesel spillage yesterday (Wednesday).
Over 200 litres of diesel had to be removed from the road after a truck jackknifed at 2.13am.
Herts Police immediately put in place a road closure, with Herts county council’s highways contractor, Ringway, taking over the scene of the spillage at about 7am.
Motorists reported lengthy delays as a result of the closure, between London Colney High Street and the London Colney Roundabout on the A1081, with traffic tailbacks continuing into the evening.
A spokesman for the council said: “One of the problems with diesel spillages is that it can seriously damage the road surface, which is what happened here, so the road had to be resurfaced.
You may also want to watch:
“It was hoped that it would be done yesterday morning, but it was not started until the afternoon, and it had to be given time to dry properly.
“The road was reopened at 5am this morning (Thursday).”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly