Unconfirmed swine flu cases at St Albans school
TWO cases of unconfirmed swine flu have been reported at a St Albans secondary school today. Nicholas Breakspear School posted a message on its website this morning warning parents of two suspected cases of the virus amongst its pupils. It read: The scho
TWO cases of unconfirmed swine flu have been reported at a St Albans secondary school today.
Nicholas Breakspear School posted a message on its website this morning warning parents of two suspected cases of the virus amongst its pupils.
It read: "The school has received notification of two unconfirmed cases of swine flu amongst our school population this morning.
"At this moment in time we intend to run the activities week trips as normal. If your child presents any flu like symptoms please keep them at home, seek medical advice and inform the school as soon as possible."
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesperson said parents had also been notified by letter in line with advice from the county health authority and education department but that there was no question of the school being closed at present
A school for deaf children was closed as a precaution this week after a member of staff was suspected to be suffering from swine flu. Mabel Davis, head teacher at Heathlands School in St Albans, took the hard decision to close the school on Monday and it will remain closed for the rest of the week. A spokesperson for the education authority said: “Even though it turns out now that the woman’s results show she does not have swine flu the head had to act swiftly as the children there have complex needs. Also there are boarders there and, as the exams are over and it’s nearly end of term, it was deemed sensible to close the school.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 5 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor