UFO sighting in St Albans
UFOs have been spotted zooming across the sky in St Albans.
More than 10 orange glows were seen by a London Colney resident at around 10.15pm the Sunday before last (August 29) and appeared to be following the route of the Thameslink line between St Albans and London.
The man, who wanted to remain anonymous, said it took the objects about 10 seconds to travel between horizons and he claimed they were going too fast to have been Chinese lanterns, which have explained various other similar sightings in the area in the past.
About 15 minutes earlier, the man also claims that he and his wife heard a loud bang which sounded like fireworks.
He said: “I obviously can’t say what they were, all I’m saying is that they were unidentifiable. I’ve taken photographs and everyone I’ve shown them to has no idea what they are either. I’d just like to know if anybody else has an explanation for it.”
You may also want to watch:
The man continued: “It was a very clear night and we were watching the 10 o’clock news. The TV is situated by the patio doors and my wife said, “there’s a lot of air planes out there tonight”. I looked outside and saw this glow flying at speed over the neighbour’s garden so I opened the door to eliminate any reflections and there was another one.
“They were travelling about a mile apart following each other and approaching from exactly the same direction. I could even see normal air planes in the sky but these were even higher up. I think they were about five to six thousand feet up, but it’s hard to tell.”
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 6 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans GP publishes guide to living
A number of other objects followed and the man said they varied in shapes – from orbs to one which even resembled a question mark.
He added: “I’ve never seen anything live it before, I’m very curious.”
Did you spot these UFOs or do you have an explanation? If so, contact the Herts Advertiser newsroom on 01727 866166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org