UFO sighting in St Albans
UFOs have been spotted zooming across the sky in St Albans.
More than 10 orange glows were seen by a London Colney resident at around 10.15pm the Sunday before last (August 29) and appeared to be following the route of the Thameslink line between St Albans and London.
The man, who wanted to remain anonymous, said it took the objects about 10 seconds to travel between horizons and he claimed they were going too fast to have been Chinese lanterns, which have explained various other similar sightings in the area in the past.
About 15 minutes earlier, the man also claims that he and his wife heard a loud bang which sounded like fireworks.
He said: “I obviously can’t say what they were, all I’m saying is that they were unidentifiable. I’ve taken photographs and everyone I’ve shown them to has no idea what they are either. I’d just like to know if anybody else has an explanation for it.”
The man continued: “It was a very clear night and we were watching the 10 o’clock news. The TV is situated by the patio doors and my wife said, “there’s a lot of air planes out there tonight”. I looked outside and saw this glow flying at speed over the neighbour’s garden so I opened the door to eliminate any reflections and there was another one.
“They were travelling about a mile apart following each other and approaching from exactly the same direction. I could even see normal air planes in the sky but these were even higher up. I think they were about five to six thousand feet up, but it’s hard to tell.”
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
A number of other objects followed and the man said they varied in shapes – from orbs to one which even resembled a question mark.
He added: “I’ve never seen anything live it before, I’m very curious.”
Did you spot these UFOs or do you have an explanation? If so, contact the Herts Advertiser newsroom on 01727 866166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org